Friday, March 30, 2012

Fiber Philadelphia and SAQA/SDA conference

The Fiber Philadelphia exhibit and the Studio Art Quilt Associates conference are this weekend, and I am anticipating a thought provoking, inspiration inducing, and laugh out loud good time. The conference is jointly produced every other year by SAQA and the Surface Design Association, and they are intense learning experiences, and great networking opportunities.

The exhibits, including, Art Quilt Elements, and Fiber Philadelphia should make for a very full weekend. After the conference, I'll be attending a 3 day shibori workshop with Jan Myers Newbury. I've taken two workshops with Jan before, but I learn something new every time. She's been dyeing fabric on a pole for 25 years, so her knowledge would take a long time to dispense. I'll soak up all I can get in her workshops.

2 comments:

  1. I'm packed. I'll look for you. I'm not staying for a workshop this time...although I'm having second thoughts now. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your Philadelphia weekend and workshop. Stay focused and have a great time!
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete